Help Us Help The Community
We need good people like you to help us be a better organization.
Do you have feedback about services you have received from Mental Health Association? You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to let us know how your experience was and if you have suggestions to allow us to learn and grow.
Mental Health Association of South MS (MHASM) invites you to help change the way people think about mental illness. This can be done through education and awareness. Since mental illness does not discriminate; education helps everyone no matter their socioeconomic status, gender, race, etc.
In our community:
- 1 in 5 individuals have mental illness.
- Anxiety Disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S.
- Oftentimes, being homeless, unemployed or in poverty is a consequence of living with an untreated mental illness.
- When properly treated, individuals can live perfectly healthy lives, positively contributing to family and the community at large.
Mental Health Association works to:
- Overcome negative stigmas by educating people to the reality of mental illness.
- Help people live their dreams.
- Provide programs that are 100% free or low cost.
- Be sure that 90+% of raised funds (public and private) go to client services.
- Give support to mental health, intellectual disability disorder, substance abuse, homelessness.
- MHASM is not a psychiatric clinic and does not prescribe medicine.
If you would like a representative to speak about mental health and wellness, please contact our office.
MHASM has printed materials that we can share with you from the National Institute of Mental Health. We collaborate with these national agencies: Mental Health America (MHA), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
A wealth of information on different diseases can be found on their websites:
Contact us today to discuss ways you can advocate for positive mental health and wellness!